9/29 Elk Bugling

We went elk bugling, which is where you go into an area that has elk, and listen for their mating calls. I thought it was really cool to hear the elk, because it is really long and mystical. We were down at pigeon river, and we stayed in a cabin that night. The cabin was really cool to stay in, and we ate tacos for dinner. We went on a long walk, and went to a thing called the nature megaphone, which makes all the sounds in nature louder when you are inside it. We went on a walk, and I grabbed a stick and was poking Sophia in the butt with it. On the morning after, we went to a little cafe that I got cider and a cinnamon bun.

I learned how cool an elk bugle is, and how weird it sounds. Now if I hear it in the wild, I’ll know what it is. It was satisfying to go out in the wild and hear the elk. I participated well because I noticed what the calls were, and was able to find the direction it came from. If I could do it again, I would have gone further into the field to try and see some elk. I wonder what type of area elk live in. If a wild elk saw a human in the wild, how would it react? Also, how do elk react when there is a predator in their area?

One thought on “9/29 Elk Bugling

1. So glad you had fun on this trip and found the elk interesting. I love taking kids to that cabin and that river is amazing. It is great to hear your positive feedback!