5/5 Tapestry

This week we had tapestry. In our school it is a type of play/musical the entire school takes part in. The 8th grade class (The graduating class) chooses a theme for the musical, and the songs. The theme this year was a sports themed game show. And my class was a group of crazed fans. We also had to do projects on sports heroes. The person I did was a man named Jim Thorpe. He was born in the late 1800’s and lived to 1945. He was a Sac and Fox Indian and one of the best football players and runners of the early 1900’s. The first school he went to he hated so much that he ran the 20 miles back to his home. This was when he was only 9 years old. Also, the second school he went to he hated so much he walked 200 miles home on an injured ankle within 2 weeks!

I learned that Jim Thorpe could run 20 miles when he was only 9 years old. It was satisfying for tapestry to be over, as the days leading up to it were stressful. I think I participated pretty well because whenever we had music class I sang the best I could, and helped as much as I could. If I could do it again I would have done nothing differently. 3 questions I now wonder are, is there anything else about Jim Thorpe I didn’t learn about? If yes, what was it? What did everyone else learn about their person?